Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Notifications Screen failing to load

Hi All,

So I found an article in the Atlassian community from 2017 that provided a solution to stop internal customers from logging Support projects through the Create button in Jira, instead making them use the Portal to create issues. This works really well, but it has had a side effect:

In the specific JSM Portal I am building, I cannot see the Notifications for this specific project. I know it was caused by my other change as it gave me a generic warning when i made the change, but now that i have reverted it back, the Notification screen is still blank.

Any ideas?

3 answers

0 votes

Hello @Phil Borrell,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

I know it has been a while since you posted this question and I can see that our support team is helping you with this request.

Checking the ticket, I could see that this setting affected a lot your project and I got curious about this article.

I searched here, but maybe I’m using the wrong words because I didn’t find it.

Would you mind sharing with us the community article? I would like to take a look and test on my own site to check if the same issue will happen and to confirm if the steps are correct. Since it’s from 2017, many things changed in Jira, so it might not be valid anymore.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Angélica

Hi @Angélica Luz 

Thanks for the message. This issue is now resolved by Atlassian directly

Like Angélica Luz likes this
0 votes
Dave Liao Community Leader Jan 19, 2021

P. S. I definitely suggest opening a ticket with Atlassian to check into your issue. I'll also escalate this thread to them as an FYI

Thanks, I'll open a ticket now!

Like Dave Liao likes this
0 votes
Dave Liao Community Leader Jan 17, 2021

@Phil Borrell - hi Phil!

Sounds like a coincidence. Locking down the "Create Issues" permission wouldn't prevent someone from seeing a specific admin screen.

Can you share a screenshot?

Thanks for the message @Dave Liao 

I was also under the impression that 'Locking down the "Create Issues" permission wouldn't prevent someone from seeing a specific admin screen.'

Attached is a screenshot

This is a partial URL for that page: atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/project-config/KOS/notifications

Cheers,

Phil

JSM_Notifications.JPG 

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao Community Leader Jan 18, 2021

@Phil Borrell - try clearing your cache and cookies and load that screen again? Try in an incognito window?

Can you get to the notifications section of other projects you administrate?

@Dave Liao thanks for the suggestion. I cleared my cache and used Chrome incognito, and i still get the same result.

I also cannot see the notification schemes in any other project, but i can see the Global notification scheme

@Phil Borrell - as a workaround, can you click "Summary" (in your project's settings), and see what Notification scheme is configured for your project? Try clicking into the scheme from there.

If that works (or not), it sounds like a bug you're experiencing where you can't get to the notifications scheme for your projects straightaway.

@Dave Liao I already thought of that, and unfortunately, I get the same result.

As I said I can see which scheme each project is using in the Global Notification Scheme, but if I click on the project from there, I get the same blank page.

Phil

Strange. Can you get to the Notification Scheme list (the list of all your schemes) on the admin page?

Shortcut: Tap G-G on your keyboard and start typing "notification"

Yes, I can, but when I click a project in a scheme, it takes me to the Project's summary page. I click the notification screen and a blank page loads again.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Security Advisory for Jira Service Management

On October 20, 2021, Atlassian published a security advisory for Jira Service Management. The full advisory is available at this link.  We've seen a number of questions already asking for...

241 views 1 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you