Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification when service desk fails to create an issue?

Erik Johnson April 14, 2017

We have a shared mailbox that folks email to create tickets in JSD.  When it creates, everything is fine.  The email goes to our shared mailbox, and then JIRA pulls it from gmail and into JSD.  This works if our customer is already in JIRA.

We have cases where our customer is not currently in JIRA.  If they send a ticket to the shared mailbox, JSD fails to create the ticket because they are not a customer.  This is fine, we can manually add them.  The problem is that we never get notification that the creation failed.  

Unless I am missing it, I can't seem to configure a notification for failed ticket creation.  Anyone have suggestion on how to catch these limbo accounts?   

Also, turning on anyone can be a customer is not currently an option for us.

1 answer

0 votes
Moga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2017

Hi Erik,

Unfortunately, for notification for failed ticket creation - this is not possible on JSD yet; the feature request is JSDSERVER-2517. Please do vote on it.

If you don't mind, you can enable public signup on JSD so that customers that do not exist in JIRA will be able to create issues and JIRA will create the user account for them.

I hope that this helps. Cheers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events