Notification for a related incident

Angelica Hernandez March 25, 2021

Hello,

Our policy is not to reopen a case that is closed, but we should create a new incident if the client want to keep going with the solution. In this scenario, the agent will create the incident and I want to the client be notified.

In the email, I want to incliude the ID an name of the parent issue. I think I have to use an smart value, but I don´t know how to refer to the parent. 

Thanks in advance

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2021

@Angelica Hernandez If you want to refer to the parent details in an automation rule using smart values, you can use {{issue.parent.key}}. You could also use things like {{issue.parent.summary}} to show the parent's Summary

Angelica Hernandez March 26, 2021

@Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_  thank you, is exactly what I need. 

Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2021

No worries, glad this helped you! :)

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 25, 2021

@Angelica Hernandez 

I would suggest providing them with the portal link of the issue it would look something like this https://YOUR ATLASSIAN URL/servicedesk/customer/portal/YOUR PORAL NUMER/ISSUE NUMBER

This way when they click the link they will be able to see the issue in the portal if they are the reporter or request participant on the issue.

Angelica Hernandez March 26, 2021

@Brant Schroeder thanks for your response and idea.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events