Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification Issue in Service Desk

Natalie Franklin January 13, 2021

Hey all!  I just finished setting up a new Service Desk with our own notification Scheme.  

Running through some tests, I have got my notifications to NOT notify me to my own changes.  However when I transition a ticket I am still getting a notification.  Can anyone assist in troubleshooting?  

Capture.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

do you have this box unchecked in your personal settings? 

2021-01-13_13-41-58.png

I sure do have that unchecked.

That is why I am stumped.  In the pic I posted above you can see that it says that I dont receive notifications for my own changes as well...

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

thanks. not sure. Based on your description, I'm not experiencing this. Can you look at the history tab on one of the issues you are seeing the notification on. Just trying to find the smoking-gun. I wonder if there is maybe some automation that runs when you transition the issue. Just wild guesses at this point. maybe you could share this detail in screenshots and I will see if anything strikes me.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2021

another random thought. what role(s) do you have in this project. One thing to be careful of is not to be an agent and a customer. If that happens notifications get messed up. I don't expect this is the issue here but just throwing it out.

thank you!  Looks like right now it is just status changes.  When I comment I do not get an email.  

for roles, I have Administrator, Project Manager, Project Administrator, and service desk team

You know what....I think I figured it out.  

In these test cases, I am the customer because I created them.  

So Im not just the reporter, but it is seeing me as the customer.  I just transitioned another ticket where I am not the customer and voila - no notification.  

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2021

BINGO! you win. indeed that is the case.

Like Natalie Franklin likes this

thanks for your time!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders