Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving any e-mail notification for the issues

Shpendi Rakipi August 17, 2020

Dear all,

I have a very specific problem with the notifications scheme in Jira Service Desk. There are almost 20 projects in Service Desk which use the same Notification Scheme. Suddently, one of the projects does not receive notifications when an issue is created, comment is added, status is changed, and so on.

I tried to create a new scheme and attach it to the project but it was unsuccessful. Also. the customizations for that new Notification Scheme did not help. Moreover, I used Notification helper in System menu and according to the test the user should receive the e-mails, but it's not.

What should I do?

Looking forward to your replies.

Shpendi

1 answer

0 votes
Amanda Kirk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2020

@Shpendi Rakipi Is this verified to be a project-wide issue? I.e, Have multiple users from the same project confirmed they are not receiving any notifications?

I know that in your profile you can opt out of receiving notifications for your own actions so I want to be sure you are ruling that out. Also what do you mean by customizations to the notification scheme?

Have you looked at the last time users received these notifications you expect vs. when they stopped? You may want to check the logs around the time this appeared to change.

Shpendi Rakipi August 18, 2020

@Amanda Kirk this issue is persistent to all the users of the project (1 Administrator and 1 Service Desk user). I checked the Audit Log and there is no input regarding it. Please can you provide more information how to analyze it?

Also, what I mean with cutomization of the Notification Scheme is that I created a new Notification Scheme with the same input, also I did changes as to send an email to the administrator of the project, lead of the project, service desk users and individual emails but nothing worked. I tried different combination. 

My team says the email just stopped coming one day.

Regards,
Shpendi

Amanda Kirk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2020

@Shpendi Rakipi 

The only other thing I can think of is filtering in your actual email inbox.

Here are some steps to take with analyzing the logs:

• Reviewing your JIRA application logs will greatly help you narrow down the problem. Often, the problem exists in the mail server and a Google search of the error from the logs can help you identify the cause.
  • The Mail Queue (under Administration > Mail Queue) can give you a general idea of how many emails are being generated.
  • You can get more detailed logging under Administration -> System -> Logging & Profiling. Click Edit next to the com.atlassian package and change it from the WARN logging level to DEBUG. This change does not persist after a restart.
  • For even more detailed logging (display the message headers, protocol details), see Logging email protocols.

And here is a great in depth guide for troubleshooting notification issues:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/troubleshoot-notifications-in-jira-203394737.html

Shpendi Rakipi August 19, 2020

Thank you for your speedy reply @Amanda Kirk but unfortunately I am using Jira on Cloud and most of the steps are applicable on Server. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events