Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not having access to Servicedesk Project(getting 405 (Method Not Allowed) error )

Deleted user July 26, 2022

After upgrading the Jira software to the latest version (V9.0.1), it is not possible to access Servicedesk projects.
Also, Jira Service Management cannot be upgraded. (currently version: 4.20.1)

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I'm afraid Jira itself won't throw a 405 error - this is a problem with the web-service.  This error usually suggests you are running Jira behind a proxy or load balancer, but it could be a Tomcat problem too (or if you're as old as I am, the application server you are runing a very old Jira on)

I'm afraid we can't help you much with this one without knowing more about your architecture.

Benjamin Löschner August 23, 2022

Hello Nic, i have exactly the same issue @[deleted] describe. I just have a few areas like "Jira Service Management - Configuration" or just one Project i can't open after the newest update 9.0.0 and 9.0.1. My Jira Server is running on a Linux RHEL 8 Virtual Machine (Hyper-V). The Service itself is running behind a proxy. Could you try to continue to help us ins this case?

Benjamin Löschner August 23, 2022

Solved it! THe Solution that worked can be found here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/HTTP-Status-405-Error-after-upgrade/qaq-p/2092275 

Its just neccessay to update also Jira Service Desk.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events