Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not all assets show up in list

Mike_Pemberton December 10, 2019

In Asset Tracker, I have my list of assets.  When I create a new issue in Service Desk and scroll down to assign the ticket to an asset, not all of my assets are listed.  Where did they go?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Coleman June 17, 2022

Hi Mike!

I know this is an old post, but just in case you never got a solution elsewhere, or someone else comes along after you with a similar issue, I'm going to share the response I received from our support ticket with Atlassian about a similar issue.

Our case was specific to having been using Insight Cloud before using Insight inside of Jira Service Management.

Big thanks to Payden Pringle for her help in sorting our issue out.

Payden Pringle commented:

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for contacting Atlassian Support.My name is Payden Pringle, and I am the Support Engineer that will be working on this Support Request.

Looking over your Instance, I see that the Linked Assets Field is an Assets Type Custom Field.Please note that this is for the Legacy Insight App, which has reached End of Life as of March 31st, 2022, as mentioned here:

Atlassian - Insight for JSM - What is happening to the existing Insight - Asset Management Cloud app?
https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/insight-jira-service-management#cloud

It appears, since your Insight for JSM already has contents, you have taken steps to migrate from Insight Asset Management Cloud to Insight for JSM.This guide covers the steps needed to achieve that migration: 

Support - Atlassian - Migrate Insight Cloud to Insight in JSM.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/migrate-insight-cloud-to-insight-in-jira-service-management/#Copy-asset-type-configurations-to-Insight-custom-fields

Part of that process is explained here, and is relevant to Assets Custom Fields:

In Insight in Jira Service Management, Asset type configurations are replaced by Insight object custom fields. To migrate your fields in Jira Service Management Cloud, copy the details of your asset type configuration into the new Insight object custom fields.

First, record the details of our existing asset type configurations in the Insight for Cloud app:From the Insight sidebar on the left, select Asset type configuration.Record the Name and IQL of the Asset type configuration.Second, create a custom field in Jira Service Management Cloud.For the Field Type, select All to see all of the custom field types.Select Insight Object.Give the custom field the same name as our old asset type configuration.Associate the new custom field with the relevant screens.Next, configure the custom field by editing the Insight objects field configuration.Under the Field Scope section:Under Object schema, select the relevant object schema.Under Filter Scope (IQL), enter the IQL from the original Asset type configuration, above.Under the User Interaction section:Under Allow search filtering by these attributes, select Name.Under Object attributes to display on issue view, select Name.

Since your issue is specific to an App that has reached End-of-Life, a solution cannot be provided for it.The advice we can offer is to move to Insight for JSM by creating a Custom Field of the type Insight Object(s) and moving the information from the Linked asset field to this new one.

The likely reason that this issue is occurring is because it is accessing a different subset of devices than the Insight that is being updated.In other words, if you searched for [ASSET NAME OMITTED], the 3rd newest asset to date, it won't be found because that field isn't accessing Insight for JSM.

I hope this has been informative, and I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.If this brings up any further questions related to your Support Request, please feel free to ask.Atlassian is always here to help. I look forward to hearing from you.

All My Best,
Payden Pringle
Atlassian Support

I hope that helps you Mike, or anyone else having similar issues.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events