Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No suitable request type for email channels

John Luyun October 18, 2021

Hi, 

We had no issues with JIRA email requests for nearly 2 years but all of a sudden since yesterday the issue "no suitable request type for email channels" came up. 

JIRA error 1.png

We definitely have a request type that we've been using for email channels which meets the requirements - summary and description.

JIRA error 2.png

Because of this we are unable to receive email requests. If anyone can help me that would be greatly appreciated. 

1 answer

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2021

I suspect another admin has accidentally made one or more fields mandatory for the request type.   Check what the request form says, and what is mandatory in the issue type behind the request.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2021

Agree. I see Source in the screenshot. Can you verify it is not set to required?

John Luyun October 18, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- mate you're a legend. Apparently one of the admins changed a field to required without undergoing change approval process. Thank you!

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events