Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No share button for agents in Jira Service Desk 8.8

Rob Braun August 29, 2020

Hello. I am fairly new to JSD and I cannot get the share button to show up for Agents unless that are a Jira Administrator. This is obviously not the best course of action, I don't need everyone to have admin access. I have enabled every permission for the Agent group and yet I cannot get the share button to show up on the issue screen and they also cannot @ any other users in the comment section unless they are an admin. I assume the two issues are related and I'm certainly missing a setting somewhere.

Thank you,

Rob

admin login.pngagent login.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kunal Kanojia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2020

Hi Rob,

Thanks so much for your question.

I suspect you may have an issue with your global permissions setup. Can you check if your service desk agents have "Browse Users" global permissions? 

You can find more details regarding the problem here https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/unable-to-browse-for-users-and-groups-120521888.html

Thank you,

Kunal

Jira Service Desk

ps. please hit the ‘accept answer’ button if this answer is correct

Rob Braun August 31, 2020

Awesome Kunal, that fixed the problem! I knew I was just missing something...

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 29, 2020

Hi @Rob Braun 

There are various roles and user types within Jira Service Desk that you can use for setting different levels of permission https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-service-desk-evaluator-resources/jira-service-desk-agents-customers-and-roles

Rob Braun August 31, 2020

Thank you. I understand the different roles, what I don't understand is how to show the "share" button for the Service Desk group. None of my Agents have the ability to share or the ability to tag another agent in the comment section. They can action issues, assign them, close them, etc. The only group that can see the share button is an Admin. I verified by creating a second account for myself and adding it to the Agent group and I do not have access to that resource.

This is important because we interface customers that may not have immediate access to their external email. The Jira Service Desk Server is using AD for authentication and access.

Rob

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events