No no email notification for Approvers

John.Cockerham September 21, 2020

I have a "Request With Approval" issue type that uses  the "User Picker" type to populate the "Approver" field.  In most cases the value is filled with a Portal User and not a Agent.  I can't seem to get SD to send a notification email to a "Approver" if they are a Portal User.  It sends just fine if they are an Agent.   In the Notifications settings I have added the User Custom Field Value (Approvers) to both the "Issue Created" and "Generic Event" Event Types but can still not get SD to send a email notification to the email address defined for the Approver field.  

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

1 answer

1 vote
Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2020

Hi @John.Cockerham ,

There are two sets of Jira notifications, the ones you are working with are for internal users such as Agents. There is a specific notification that is sent to JSD Approvers in the Customer Notifications menu option, could you verify the approver notification is enabled?

John.Cockerham September 22, 2020

Hello,

I believe this is set up correctly.  I don't see a place to enable/disable this.   I am assuming that by defining a notification for Approvers enables the notification?

Tks

Capture2 - Copy.JPGCapture1 - Copy.JPGI have attached a screen shot.

John.Cockerham September 23, 2020

I am still having this problem.  Is there anymore suggestions for where to look?

John.Cockerham September 29, 2020

This whole "Community" support thing rarely works.  I have had this question pending for two weeks.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events