Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email when comment is posted in Jira

Patrick Schoppe May 26, 2021

Hello,

when a new ticket is created, the author receives an email. If the ticket is closed as well.

However, if I write a comment (share with customers) then unfortunately this does not happen, in which case the author/customer does not receive an email.

The authorization scheme is set to default and in this the item "Process commented (system)" is set with "Current processor", "Author" and "All observers".

Where is my mistake? It would be important that the customers also get an email when the ticket is commented on.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2021

Hi @Patrick Schoppe ,

Welcome to the Atlassian community.  Can you please go to Project Settings> Customer Notifications and there you will see a notification Public Comment, please review that one , if it turned off then please turn it on and also edit it and see if you are missing something there. 

Hope it will resolve your issue.

Hello @Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master),

First of all, sorry, I'm new to Atlassian and Jira.

So I checked there, I can't turn anything on or off there. However, it is active and according to the "audit log" it created the mail even after commenting and the status "SUCCESS", but the customer did not receive an e-mail.

Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2021

Can you please confirm if all customers are not receiving notifications or only a specific customer? 

There might be a chance that , customer disabled the notifications from the profile. 

This article will help you to troubleshoot the issue. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-troubleshoot-customer-notifications-in-jira-service-management-cloud-967343751.html

Hello,

I could now find the error, in the settings "Project Settings> Customer Notifications" one point was missing in the selection, now it works.

Many many thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events