Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email to customer when created on behalf

Arno Fuchsberger December 1, 2021

When I create a Ticket in a Jira Service Management project using the option 'create on behalf' in simply by clicking Create (blue button) in Jira like mentioned in the documentation (-> Alternatively) there is no email sent to the customer.

When I do the same (Create on behalf) but over the portal, then the customer gets an email sent, as I would expect.

I found this question but I have the reporter in the customer notification as well as in the Notifications.

Why is the behavior different and do I miss some setting?

Edit: In the case that the customer doesn't get an email after creating the issue, the customer doesn't get any email at all. So he/she won't get updates on the problem but for the assignee of the issue it seems that the customer get's the information.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2021

Please be sure that the customer “Request type” field is set when you create using the “Create” button.

step #2 in those instructions is important. “Find the request type that fits your customer’s request.”

Arno Fuchsberger December 6, 2021

Thanks for the hint!

Indeed I directly selected the target issue type, not the request type. Therefore request type was not set.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events