No all users recieve email notifications following Notification schemme definition

Barcelo [Administrator] March 9, 2021

We have several project with several notification schemmes. I think is correct.

We are recieving issues about the users because not all of them recieve an email notification according with the schemme defined to the project.

I see there are a personal configuration to decide, as a user, to activate the notifications instead of inheriting the global configurations.

We don´t want to tell any user to change his/her personal configuration to recieve all the notifications defined on the project notification schemme.

There's something we're missing that makes some users (asignee / request participant / responsible.... ect.) do not recieve notifications?

1 answer

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2021

Hi @Barcelo [Administrator] ,

One thing you can always use is the notifications helper. This will tell you why or why not a user will receive an email for a specific trigger.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-the-jira-admin-helper/

Other than that they could always be blocked on the system. If you test the rules themselves and they should be receiving them, you might ask a specific user to validate their personal settings.

If those are fine, we might need to escalate to Atlassian.

Barcelo [Administrator] March 29, 2021

Thanks for the request, @Dirk Ronsmans I tried to use the notification helper to test why we have some problems but it do not work with many issues.

Some of the uses recieve notifications, others no. Testing with a particular isue I cannot see a request for a notification helper when I know the user recieved a mail.

I configured jira default notification schemme with all kind of users to notificate to test if the notifications arrive but theres no result.

Which other test can I do?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events