• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

No access to view other customer issues

Hello Everyone,

I have an issue here with my service management project, currently when a user (customer) will create an issue (ticket) through the customer portal they're able to view and edit their own issue but they aren't able to view other customer issues for example.

User A: Creates issue PS-199
User B: Creates issues PS-200

User A cannot view User B's issue he/she gets the following error:
jira_permissions.PNG

What's strange to me is I have permissions currently wide open on my project as you can see in my next screenshot:

service_desk_perm_LI.jpg

I even had a play in the permissions scheme and modified the:

Browse Projects

Ability to browse projects and the issues within them.

But that didn't seem to have any effect on customers viewing other issues.

Can you guys point me in the right direction? If there's any more info you need please let me know.

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Liam Green Community Leader Nov 11, 2020

Hi @Gianpaolo Marcogliese 

Customer's cannot see the tickets of other customers unless they are in the same organisation.

Using your example, what happens when User A adds User B as a request participant to PS-199 using the 'share with' button?

image.png

Hi @Liam Green 

So just ran out a test and it seems User B is able to view the issue once it's shared with them. So we know now that works great! BUT now how do we get all issues open and visible to all users without having them share their issue each time it's created.

Thank you

As @Liam Green says,

You currenlty have the option open for customers to share the issue with other people. But the user needs to take the action to share the issue with someone else. Who they can share with, that you have defined as everyone.

A different option is Organisations. When a multiple users are in the same organisation (configurable on your Customers section of your project) they are able to share by default (at creation or later) their issue with the whole organisation.

If you want to share the issue with the whole organisation (as an agent) you can put that organisation in the "organisations" field.

The permissions scheme will have no effect on what you customers can see (except then the servicedesk-portal users group), that only applies to the licensed users.

Edit: you're request to auto share with all users would work if you use an organisation and put all the users in it (doesn't have to be a real name, could be a dummy one just to use the functionality :)) and then you can create an automation rule to edit the issue and set the organisation on creation.

Liam Green Community Leader Nov 11, 2020

@Gianpaolo Marcogliese I'm glad it worked when you shared it.

@Dirk Ronsmans has given a great overview of organisations above, but if you want a bit more on how to use them then the following link should help:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/add-an-organization-to-a-service-desk-project/

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this

@Dirk Ronsmans This is great! thank you and so I finally got around to looking into the organizations and managed to make a couple of them threw in a bunch of customers from our sites. 

Currently I have the following orgs:

- Montreal
- Bournemouth
- Global

Is it possible to add the organization field as a required field for customers to fill out on the service desk customer portal page.

(I'm able to view and edit the organization field when viewing the issue as an agent, since I've added it to my screen scheme) 

Let me know if a screenshot would be helpful to have!

Thank you for your help!

Dirk Ronsmans Community Leader Nov 11, 2020

I do not believe it can be set as a mandatory field.

When a person is in an organisation they will automatically have the option when launching a requets to set it as "private" or "shared org x,y,z,..."

The closest you'll get is an automation that at creation checks a few parameters.

Maybe ask their location as a custom field or create your own dummy organisation field as a drodown selection (which you can then make mandatory) on the request form?

Based on that you could add the appropriate organisation through a small automation! (hey that rhymes!)

Like Gianpaolo Marcogliese likes this
Liam Green Community Leader Nov 12, 2020

I'd echo what Dirk has said above, you could do it with some automation so that users don't have to do anything.  

Like # people like this

Hey Guys,

You both have been extremely helpful, thank you so much I expect given the info provided I have everything I need now. At the moment I've created an automation rule to assign an organization when an issue is created, hopefully my rule works out nicely and I've also added in the "Request Participants" field which I believe is the field that drives the Share feature which Liam you pointed out earlier. 

We can mark this as resolved! :)

Monique vdB Community Manager Nov 12, 2020

@Gianpaolo Marcogliese thanks for letting us know this helped! I moved the accepted answer (aka marking this resolved) to the thread that solved your issue. This helps bump the useful content to the top.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

189 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you