'No Client update from Support team past 3 days' jQuery required

kotha Eswar rao November 8, 2021

‘No Client update from Support team past 3 days’ I would expect jQuery for the  below logic

1. No Update on Incidents / Service Request
  2. No Update on Change Requests

For both you should check OPEN client tickets with status not equal to WAITING FOR CUSTOMER not equal to RESOLVED without any external updates past 3 days.

Is this possible?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2021

Hi @kotha Eswar rao,

If I understand your question correctly, you should be able to retrieve those tickets using the following JQL filter:

Issuetype in (Incident, "Change Request", "Service Request") AND
Resolution = Unresolved AND Status != "Waiting for Customer" AND Updated <= -3d

Hope this helps!

kotha Eswar rao November 9, 2021

Thanks @Walter Buggenhout for providing the J query , But the issue here the above query will show the tickets which were not updated <=-3 days and also i need the external comments not updated to customer for past 3 days

The above query is showing the combination of tickets with internal /external comments not updated for past 3 days

is there any query specifically for the external comments not updated for past 3 days?

Regards

Eshwar

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2021

Hi @kotha Eswar rao ,

Comments all end up in the same comments field and Jira out of the box does not support searching for who commented.

However, I think the following workaround will suit your needs: Automation allows you to transition an issue between Waiting for Support and Waiting for Customer statuses based on who comments (Automation lets you check if the comment was entered by an agent or a customer and also if the comment was public or private). If you make sure your issue transitions to an internal status when a customer comments, and back to the customer in the other scenario, the query I shared above will always show you the issues that are sitting around for more than 3 days waiting for support.

Like kotha Eswar rao likes this
1 vote
Daniel Turczanski - __JQL Search Extensions
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 10, 2021

Hi @kotha Eswar rao ,

An article about how to do it with our app can help. Chek it out here.

0 votes
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 9, 2021

Hello @kotha Eswar rao 

For identifying the external comment, there is a smart value available. Checking if the smart value '{{comment.internal}}' is false would help identify the external comments.

kotha Eswar rao November 9, 2021

Hello @Gaurav 

I am receiving the error while adding the above function ( {{comment.internal}}) in J Query

could you please assist further

Below is updated query i am using to find the external comments not updated for 3 days

updatedDate<= "-3d" AND type in (Incident, "Service Request") AND status not in ("Waiting for customer", Resolved, Closed, Declined) AND {{comment.internal}}

Regards

Eshwar

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 9, 2021

Hello @kotha Eswar rao 

As this is a smart value, I have not used it in JQLs but in Automation. I would suggest you please try it as ('{{comment.internal}}' is 'false').

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events