Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Action Due Date Pop-ups for the reporter/participants

Tomasz Bis January 13, 2021

Good Afternoon,

I am trying to get notifications on Service Desk(in worst case scenario Outlook notificaitons) for Assignee / Participants about Next Action Due Date for the ticket.

Could someone explain to me please the below?

1. How to set up Next Action Due Date? - I have done it on the 'Q' level and i can see the field, but cannot see that within the ticket where i could set it.

2. Once the above is done, how to generate manually or automate a notification popups for assignee and participants.

Can someone please advise?

Many Thanks

Tomasz 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

Hi @Tomasz Bis , 

Check that the duedate-field is on all the used screens (create, edit and view). Depending on whether you are using the old or new view, you can find the field differently: 

• old view: empty fields aren't shown on the view-screen. Edit the issue and fill out in the edit-screen. 
  • new view: you should find the -empty - duedate-field on the right column of the screen

Jira offers only e-mail notifications out of the box. You could look into Slack notifications or @mention the assignee based on the duedate using Automation for Jira, a pretty simple IFTT tool. 
There are some other notification apps in the marketplace available as well, but I have not tested any of them so cannot recommend. 

Hope this helps! 

- Tessa

Tomasz Bis January 19, 2021

Thank you Tessa

Tomasz Bis January 21, 2021

Sorry Tessa, i just tried that and cannot find the right rule.

I am also not sure how to create new rule to make it work based on next action due date.

I would like to get automated an email alert or Jira pop-up for the assignee based on Next Action Due Date.

For instance, If in a ticket Next Action Due Date is today, assignee would get some email notification or Jira pop-up as soon as he logs into Jira.

DO you have some demo how to automate that please?

Kind Regards

Tomasz

Tomasz Bis March 5, 2021

Could you advise please?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS