New workflow status

Niklas Nilsson November 8, 2021

Hello Community. 

Today we have a workflow with 8 different statuses and now we want to narrow it down to only 3 - New issue - issue started - issue done. 

I have created a new workflow with these 3 statuses but when i try to assign the new workflow it asks me to also assign all of the old statuses to new ones. I only want to use 3 of the statuses. 

So how do i proceed here? Can i delete the ones i dont want or do i have to assign them? 

Best regards. 

4 answers

3 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2021

Hi @Niklas Nilsson 

The thing that you are facing is quite normal. Since there are already opened issues with issue types which use this specific workflow, it is imperative to map the old statuses to new ones. This means that all issues will now use the new workflow. Once you finish this procedure, then you will have three statuses.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2021

Dear @Niklas Nilsson ,

In addition to what has been recommended above.

If you do not want to deal with old statuses and the issues that have these old statuses are not important, - then yes, of course you can just delete them not to deal with the status reassigning.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2021

@Niklas Nilsson -

When you apply a new WF to any existing project, the system will ask you to map your existing WF statuses to your 3 statuses (if the existing status doesn't match to any of your 3 statuses).  

This status mapping happens when you kick off the publish WF process, and you will have to assign (map) to your new statuses.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Niklas Nilsson November 8, 2021

Thanks for the reply. The new workflow is up and running. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events