Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New with JIRA and need help with Comments

nathan March 13, 2024

I was assigned to create a comment when someone write a comment on a ticket that begins with *client, We want to have automation send the message over to the client. If it doesn't have *client, Don't send it to client. I've been searching for a solution for this for days.

1 answer

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2024

Hello @nathan 

Can you confirm that this applies to a Jira Service Management project?

If so, a Comment that is entered manually with the Reply To Customer option

Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 5.16.23 PM.png

will automatically be sent to the customer(s) on the ticket based on the Customer Notifications you have configured for the project.

What problem are you trying to solve by using a keyword in the Comment and then an automation rule to send it?

nathan March 13, 2024

@Trudy Claspill  yes ma'am trying to create an automation where customer can reply back in the comment inside Jira

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2024

Customer can add comments to a Jira Service Management issue (to which they have access) through the Customer Portal or by replying to the emails they receive.

That native functionality manages sending emails to the customer when a comment is entered, and allowing the customer to feed a comment back to the issue by replying to the email or going to the Customer Portal.

I am still not clear on the problem you are trying to solve, nor why you think you need automation to manage this.

Like nathan likes this
nathan March 13, 2024

This was given to me as a task for comment automation, since im new with the system i tried to get all the necessary information possible and haven't found any article for it.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 13, 2024

I am a strong advocate for exploring what problem is trying to be solved and finding the best solution rather than implementing a customization just because somebody asks for it.

Have you reviewed the extensive documentation on the Automation Rules feature?

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-cloud-automation/

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events