New incident not be created via email

Pritesh Gohil March 2, 2021

Customers at present log tickets via email or the portal.
How do I turn off email so that the customer is forced to use the portal to log tickets?

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2021

If you truly want to prevent email creation that has been operational before I would do the following:

1. Inform all customers that email creation will be ceasing in x-days
  2. on x-1 days inform them again that it will cease tomorrow
  3. if you are using a custom email then you should have IT set an auto-reply like OOO with the message that redirects the customer to the portal. Disable all email requests in your project - project settings > email requests , click on the ellipses in the upper right and select disable. NOTE: if you are using the Atlassian supplied email you can only do the last part of this step.
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2021

also consider that once disabled you will have no redundancy. if the portal is down or otherwise inaccessible they customer can't open a request. Hopefully you provide support by phone too.

Capture1.PNGCapture3.PNGThanks Jack.  This is good to know.
However to be honest I am pretty sure the uptime for Jira Service Desk is very high so potentially I could take the risk.  However I will think about this.

We have phone support but trying to eliminate that.  Now a days a lot of customer prefer logging via the portal. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2021

Go to the project settings and look for the portals "channels", one of these is the email channel, if you go into there you can turn it off, or change the email address so that your users would be sending to an unused email.

I would strongly recommend warning all your email users that you are going to turn it off and require portal usage.

Hi,
I can't find "channels"
I have Project Settings and then Portal Settings
See the images attached.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2021

BANG...BANG...BANG.... 

me hitting my head on the table observing latest changes to Cloud....

So it appears that "Channels" has disappeard and the three options are simply brough to the 'root' project settings level. Just click on "Email requests"

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events