Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customers not receiving email invitation

Charlotte Reynolds August 31, 2021

Customers are not receiving an email invitation when I add them as a customer.

Notes:

• The "Customer Invited" email notification IS turned on. 
  • All other notifications are sent successfully.

2 answers

0 votes
Serge Creator January 17, 2024

I have the same issue. For me, new customers are not receiving an invite. I can't figure out why. Can somebody help with that?

0 votes
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2021

Hi @Charlotte Reynolds 

Have you tried the Notification Helper to see if that tells you why?

Hi Liam, 

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately the notification helper requires me to select an issue but I am still on the stage of trying to get a customer set up with an account via the email invitation to the service desk. 

Edit: the customer I am trying to add already has an atlassian account, so perhaps that is the issue?

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2021

Hi Charlotte

Of course, sorry.

Are they able to see the service desk on your portal even without getting the notification?  Does it allow you to add them even though they don't get a notification?

Yes, it allows me to add them even though they don't receive a notification. The user can login to the service desk. I think it might be because they already have an atlassian account for a different purpose, which makes sense now that I think about it 😅

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2021

It might be, yes - although that does seem counter intuitive.  Are they already an agent on that service desk?

I suppose the important thing is that they are a customer even without the notification.

Yes, I'd like all new customers to receive an invitation email regardless.

I have only added them as a customer on this service desk. The account that they have already is for a separate personal instance of atlassian/jira, not connected to the service desk.

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2021

Was it just this one user who didn't get the notification - can you test it with another who doesn't have a Jira account?

I have just tried it with a newly created email address and the invitation was sent out.

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2021

Its a good sign that it works in that instance then - although I'm really not sure why it doesn't if they have an Atlassian account

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events