Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to set up email to service desk project using our company email

Jim Stewart November 18, 2020

We're setting up several help desks (HR, IT, etc.) The default email address that appears to be autogenerated works fine. 

But the default email address goes to a name that includes the project key and atlassian.net. All well and good but we'd like users to have one that says, e.g, HRhelpdesk@companyname.com. 

Can you point me in the right direction on this one? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2020

Hi @Jim Stewart 

The below guide should talk you through it:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/add-an-email-account/

If you have any issues or queries, drop a comment below.

Hope that helps,

Regards, Liam

Jim Stewart November 19, 2020

Yes, well, it helps me know that I've gotta get IT involved. Thanks. 

Like # people like this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2020

Glad you managed to move forward with it

Jim Stewart November 19, 2020

Well, more like punted it to someone else. If we're messing with an in-production email system, that one's outta my hands. The best I can do is provide them with the informatin that you gave me and let them have at it. 

PHC Admin March 5, 2023

Atlassian's products are clearly no longer useful to small businesses. You need to have a paid IT person or team just to wade through the mess of document and lack of support to make this stuff actually work. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events