Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to make reports of tickets / work order

Phil November 4, 2021

Hi, we are using Jira Service Management in the most simple way. We have tickets with many different clients, we don't have anything fancy really.

We just need a way to have reports, let's say all the issues that has a "Done" status for a specific client for the last week. We need this information on a report that contains the full list of the issues with the date, description, employees, time spent on it. And we need this in a PDF file that we can send to the client for invoicing.

We don't need any rate, we don't need an accounting system as this is done with another system.

Creating my own custom reports seems to be complicated. There's a ton of Apps for Jira, way too many and I'm lost on which one to use.

Any hint?

2 answers

1 vote
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2021

Hi @Phil

You have lots of options for this. For free you can use a jql and then export the report to excel. Link: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/use-advanced-search-with-jira-query-language-jql/

Then print to pdf.

Then you have plugins like eazybi or rich filters in the marketplace that will give you this functionality as well.

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 8, 2021

@Phil 

I think collecting the needed tickets in the Issue Navigator (with JQL, as mentioned) then creating a PDF document straight away to report on your desired metrics is closer to your requirement. It's also a straightforward and lightweight solution, without getting lost in too many reporting and BI features.

jira-service-desk-fields-issue-navigator.png

One option you can try to create a Jira Service Management PDF report like the one above is Better PDF Exporter for Jira Cloud.

You can browse more PDF export samples.

Feel free to reach out to us in case of any questions, we are ready to help!

(Please note that Better PDF Exporter is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events