Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need key of JSM in my application.

Patel, Shrey June 7, 2022

I just want the key value of issue created in my application, so that I can add data from my application. I have try to do that using API but I am not able to succeed. Other than this I have created customize form also in JSM but they don't provide more option to reflect directly to go to my application after submitting of request. So, can anyone help me in integrating this thing.

Thank You!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The simple answer to this is "use the API, that's what it is for", but you say you've already tried it.

But you don't say what you have tried or why it has not worked.  Could you explain more?

On the second question - "I have created customize form also in JSM but they don't provide more option to reflect directly to go to my application", you'll need to do some automation or possibly even coding in Jira.  You'll need something that reads the issue you have created and sends the data you want over to your application (It's a better option than coding your application to periodically scrape Jira for stuff)

I want to send the key which is generated while submitting the form, to my application using the URL, in simple terms I want to use post method to send link to my application in which key is embedded.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

Joseph beat me to the answer to that.

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2022

@Patel, Shrey -

Welcome to the community.  In addition to what @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- mentioned, have you consider to use Automation for Jira to create a rule based on issue created triggering event, and then execute the "Send web request" where you can post JSON body of the issue data to your application.

2022-06-07_8-39-11.png

Here is the user guide on Automation for Jira (it is part of JSM Cloud offering) -

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-cloud-automation/

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Hello I have tried to do that, but it shows me the error message.

"Error publishing web request. Response status:"404

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2022

@Patel, Shrey -

This means that your request URL is not valid or having problem - "The 404 code means that a server could not find a client-requested webpage.".  JSM is trying to communicate to your URL and was not able to do so.

You should determine the cause as related to your requested URL.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events