Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with using Jira service management

chapala_nikhil_reddy November 28, 2022

Hello Team, 

We are looking for an option to use a ITSM tool for our projects and since we are already using jira cloud, I am exploring the option of JSM.

I have found that JSM is very much useful but at the same time I feel that the features are overwhelming for our organisation which has few 100's of jira users.

I would need a suggestion on what would be best for us: Develop a ITSM project and use with in JIRA cloud or use JSM cloud.

Thanks in Advance

Nikhil

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2022

Hi @chapala_nikhil_reddy and welcome to the community,

I would definitely suggest the use of JSM.

• First of all, you don't need to have so many users. Just a handful of agents would suffice.
  • JSM provides queues for better request monitoring
  • It has out of the box SLA mechanisms
  • Has a built-in approval system
  • And a customer portal in which you can build your service catalog

One of the best part is that you can have unlimited customers (internal/external) who do not need any license!

chapala_nikhil_reddy November 28, 2022

So we will be team of 8 users who will be working on the tickets like change management and incident management. What would be the pricing plan for it annually?

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2022

@chapala_nikhil_reddy the final price depends on several factors:

• Which plan are you going to go for?
  • Are you going to use an app for JSM?
  • Will you pay monthly or annually?

You can do your own calculation using the pricing calculator: https://www.atlassian.com/software/pricing-calculator

Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2022

And to the above, in order to know the final price, you should include the product with the users you have already. And that's because if you want to buy an app, then you will have to buy as many license as the highest number of users in the product family (e.g. if you have 100 jira users and you want to buy 8 JSM licenses with an app, then you have to buy 100 licenses for this app as well).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events