Need help with automation rule

Jennifer Choban
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 4, 2021

Hi,

I'm trying to create an automation rule that will set the end date to two weeks after the start date, but I'm not having any luck. (The rule shows as having been executed, but nothing shows up in the End Date field.) I think my problem might be not knowing how to refer to field names with two words. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CAC.png 

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ajay Pazheparambil January 4, 2021

Can you try the below syntax if the StartDate you are referring to points to Sprint Start Date

{{sprint.startDate.plusDays(14)}}
0 votes
Jennifer Choban
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 6, 2021

Actually, Ajay, you just alerted me to the problem. I was thinking Start date was a system field. I'll do it now with the custom field ID.

Thanks!

0 votes
Jennifer Choban
Marketplace Partner
January 6, 2021

Hi Andy and Ajay,

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried both options and the both throw an error with AfJ. (It's a service project so there's no sprint.)

Thanks,

Jenny

0 votes
Andrew Januszak January 5, 2021

If the Start date field name is literally Start date, then try {{issue.Start date.plusDays(14)}} instead of {{issue.start_date...}}.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events