Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need clarification on jira service desk upgrade path

Jeevan Patnaik November 26, 2020

Hi,

The below upgrade path is listed in this link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver/installing-jira-service-desk-939926011.html

sd-upgrade-instructions.JPG

Are these instructions correct? "Upgrade path" for "4.0 or later" and "Upgrade Path" for "3.0 to 3.16) seems to have interchanged. 

If we have version 3.14.0, can we directly upgrade to 4.13.1 and no need to upgrade to 4.0 first?

However, we have already tested upgrade on test server in above way i.e., directly upgraded from 3.14.0 to 4.13.1 (manual upgrade process) and didn't face any issue. I hope it is the correct process and we won't be facing any problems in future. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2020

I think that language is confusing.  The "upgrade to 4.0" is the problem, it's totally redundent.   You're already on 4.0 so you don't need to upgrade to it. 

Unless someone has managed to mangle the table and should use your arrow to swap the two lines in those cells over!

But I've not seen or heard of any Service Desk upgrades going wrong when going from 3.0 or higher to the very latest in one step.  (Well, actually, I have had massive problems, but they have all turned out to be with the underlying Jira or apps, not JSD itself)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events