Need a report with the ability to enter a date range and select specific agents to report on tickets

Yana Neverko January 2, 2023

Hello Atlassian Community! I'd like to make a small disclaimer: I am quite a newbie to the Atlassian world.

But nevertheless, I need to create a set of reports in JSM where the configuration is mainly based on the ability to enter a date range and select specific agents to accurately report on tickets.

I've tried to do it through the Custom Reports and through Dashboards, but it can do either one thing or another. And I need it all altogether. 

Maybe somebody knows an extension or add-on that can help, or maybe I'm just missing something.

Examples of reports:

Tickets Escalated – the ability to enter a date range and report on all tickets escalated to the two relevant support teams within a timeframe.

Tickets worked on – the ability to enter a date range and select specific agents to report on all tickets they have worked on within that timeframe

Tickets resolved – the ability to enter a date range and select specific agents to accurately report on tickets that were closed in that timeframe

Tickets created – the ability to enter a date range and select specific agents to accurately report on tickets created in that timeframe including any that have since been escalated to another service team.

Tickets assigned to agents; out of resolution SLA/out of customer updates SLA - the ability to report on the tickets currently assigned to any agent within a team that is out of SLA.

Tickets resolved within resolution SLA – the ability to enter a date range and select specific agents to report on all tickets that were resolved in resolution SLA in that timeframe.

Tickets resolved out of resolution SLA – the ability to enter a date range and select specific agents to report on all tickets that were not resolved in resolution SLA in that timeframe.

Tickets resolved within customer update SLA – the ability to enter a date range and select specific agents to report on all tickets that were resolved in that timeframe and met the customer update SLA.

Tickets resolved out of customer update SLA – the ability to enter a date range and select specific agents to report on all tickets that were resolved in that timeframe and did not meet the customer update SLA.

I would appreciate any help!

6 answers

3 votes
Karolina Wons_SaaSJet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2023

Welcome to the community @Yana Neverko !

If you're ok with using third-party add-ons, you can try Time in Status for Jira Cloud.  It generates 7 types of status time reports, which can help you to:

- track how long each issue has been staying in each status;

- monitor how long it takes each team member to solve the issue;

Assignee Time.gif

- discover Issue Age;

- track the Average time spent in status;

- monitor the date when the issue has entered each of the statuses;

- Cycle and Lead time for each issue;

and much more.

All you need is to choose the necessary report and the date ranges you need.

Also, you can export these reports as CSV or XLSX files.

This add-on is developed by my SaaSJet team. Please, let me know if you have any questions.

Hope it helps you.

2 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2023

HI @Yana Neverko ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

In order to have interactive reports, my suggestion is to try https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211051/eazybi-reports-and-charts-for-jira?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Yana Neverko January 3, 2023

Thank you, Fabio,

I'll try it!

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2023

you are welcome @Yana Neverko 

Like Yana Neverko likes this
Zane eazyBI Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2023

Thanks, @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ for recommending the eazyBI app.

@Yana Neverko with the eazyBI reporting app, you can analyze JSM and Jira tickets from different perspectives and bring report filters so users can interact with the report. For example, set "Time", "Assignee," and "Assignee Group" dimensions as filters to run reports for different periods and groups of people

To save you some time and see eazyBI capabilities, you might want to check out the Demo account with several JSM sample reports: https://eazybi.com/accounts/1001/dashboards/8347-sla-overview

Feel free to open any report and see what is behind it. No login or installation is needed in the Demo.

Best,

Zane / Support@eazyBI.com

Like # people like this

@Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ Is there any way I can achieve my goal without additional apps?

1 vote
Emre Toptancı [OBSS]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 3, 2023

Hello @Yana Neverko ,

Some of the things you ask can be achieved with simple JQL.

(I presume you change the status and/or assignees of tickets while escalating between different teams)

You can use the template JQL below to filter issues based on their status and assignee changes

assignee was admin
//assignee is currently admin or assignee was admin at some point in the past

assignee changed TO membersOf('jira-software-users') BY john.doe AFTER "2023-01-01 00:00" BEFORE "2023-01-04 00:00"
// assignee was changed to a member of the given group between the given dates. The change was made by john.doe

status changed TO resolved BY jane.doe AFTER "2023-01-01 00:00" BEFORE "2023-01-04 00:00"
// status was changed to resolved between the given dates. The change was made by jane.doe

The "was" and "changed" operators are special ones that allow you to filter issues based on change history. Not all fields support these operators but they can be used with status and assignee fields. The TO, BY, AFTER, BEFORE parts of the query can be used individually. You can refer to the following Atlassian documentation about the details of these operators.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-operators/

Beyond that, for needs related to measuring times, I can recommend the app built by our team at OBSS, Time in Status. It is available for Jira Server, Cloud, and Data Center. 

Time in Status mainly allows you to see how much time each issue spent on each status, on each assignee, or on each group

tisCloud_StatusDuration_LeadTime_with Estimates.png  tisCloud_AssigneeDuration.png     tisCloud_GroupDuration.png

Time in Status does not have SLA targets to set but it can report times and allows you to filter and sort issues based on those times. (Which JQL can't do)

All Time in Status reports supports custom calendars. That means you can define your custom work calendars with their own working days and working hours. Time in Status will calculate durations only spent in those calendar hours.

These reports show a list of issues by default so you can see the metric values for each issue separately. Also, for all numeric report types, you can calculate averages and sums of those durations grouped by the issue fields you select. For example total cycle time per customer (organization) or average resolution time per sprint, week, month, issuetype, request type, etc. The ability to group by parts of dates (year, month, week, day, hour) or sprints is particularly useful here since it allows you to compare different time periods or see the trend.

Time in Status calculates its reports using already existing Jira issue histories so when you install the app, you don't need to add anything to your issue workflows and you can get reports on your past issues as well. It supports both Company Managed and Team Managed projects.

Time in Status reports can be accessed through its own reporting page, dashboard gadgets, and issue view screen tabs. All these options can provide both calculated data tables and charts.

And the app has a REST API so you can get the reports from Jira UI or via REST.

Gadget_AverageStatusDurationByComponent.png  tisCloud_StatusDuration_LeadTime_Chart.png

Using Time in Status you can:

• See how much time each issue spent on each status, assignee, user group and also see dates of status transitions.
  • Calculate averages and sums of those durations grouped by issue fields you select. (For example, see average InProgress time per project and per issue type.)
  • Export your data as XLS, XLSX, or CSV.
  • Access data via REST API. (for integrations)
  • Visualize data with various chart types.
  • See Time in Status reports on Jira Dashboard gadgets

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211756/

EmreT

1 vote
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 3, 2023

Hi @Yana Neverko 

What kind of report on your agents do you need?

If you need to track past user activities, check out Issue History for Jira.

You can filter tickets by date range and select specific agents here.

User worklog in jira.png

Hi @Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_ , I need a set of reports:

Tickets Escalated – the ability to enter a date range and report on all tickets escalated to the two relevant support teams within a timeframe.

Tickets worked on – the ability to enter a date range and select specific agents to report on all tickets they have worked on within that timeframe

Tickets resolved – the ability to enter a date range and select specific agents to accurately report on tickets that were closed in that timeframe

Tickets created – the ability to enter a date range and select specific agents to accurately report on tickets created in that timeframe including any that have since been escalated to another service team.

Tickets assigned to agents; out of resolution SLA/out of customer updates SLA - the ability to report on the tickets currently assigned to any agent within a team that is out of SLA.

Tickets resolved within resolution SLA – the ability to enter a date range and select specific agents to report on all tickets that were resolved in resolution SLA in that timeframe.

Tickets resolved out of resolution SLA – the ability to enter a date range and select specific agents to report on all tickets that were not resolved in resolution SLA in that timeframe.

Tickets resolved within customer update SLA – the ability to enter a date range and select specific agents to report on all tickets that were resolved in that timeframe and met the customer update SLA.

Tickets resolved out of customer update SLA – the ability to enter a date range and select specific agents to report on all tickets that were resolved in that timeframe and did not meet the customer update SLA.

Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
January 5, 2023

Hi @Yana Neverko 

You can search the Marketplace for some plugins for SLA monitoring. From my team, I can suggest SLA Time and Report. It can show the most data you need. Also, you can schedule a demo call with our product manager to discuss your case.

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
January 3, 2023

Hi @Yana Neverko

You can try Status Time Reports app developed by our team. It mainly provides reports and gadgets based on how much time passed in each status.

Here is the online demo link, you can see it in action and try without installing the app.

• This app has a dynamic status grouping feature so that you can generate various valuable reports as time in status, time in assignee, status entry dates and status counts, cycle time and lead time, average/sum reports by any field(e.g. average in progress time by project, average cycle time by issue creation month).
  • You can search issues by Project, Issue Type, Status, Assignee, Issue Creation/Resolution Date(and any other Date field) and JQL Query.
  • Status durations are calculated according to the working calendar you define. Once you enter your working calendar into the app, it takes your working schedule into account too. That is, "In Progress" time of an issue opened on Friday at 5 PM and closed on Monday at 9 AM, will be a few hours rather than 3 days.
  • You can set different duration formats.
  • You can export reports in CSV file format and open them in MS Excel.
  • You can also add this app as a gadget to your Jira dashboards and reach “Status Time” from Issue Detail page.
  • You can enable/disable access to Status Time reports&gadgets and Issue Detail page per project, users, groups or project role.

If you are looking for a free solution, you can try the limited version Status Time Free.

Hope it helps.

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
January 3, 2023

Hi @Yana Neverko 

Welcome to the community !!

If you would be interested in a mktplace solution, you can try out our plugin,

Time in Status Reports 

The add-on provides the time in each status for the entire lifecycle of the issue, based on the date range, assignees and multiple other filters.

Disclaimer : I work for RVS, the vendor for this app

TWA.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events