Need JQL query for no public comments added to customer in past 48 hours

kotha Eswar rao November 5, 2021

Need JQL query for no public comments added to customer in past 48 hours

I need an JQL query to check if the support resources was not updated the public comment towards customer in past 48 hours, is there any query could you please suggest, as we need this logic to monitor the support tickets on daily basis

2 answers

0 votes
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 7, 2021

Hi @kotha Eswar rao 
If you're comfortable with another solution rather then JQL, there is an add-on from the Marketplace. It's Issue History and it's pretty simple to use. You can look back for ticket history in table format and quickly find out if there were any comments added. Just choose 48 hours or dates you need from the calendar. 

comment-issue-history.png

My team has developed this app. I'll be happy if it helps you. Anyway, wish you find the best solution for you.

Kind regards,

Yuliia

kotha Eswar rao November 8, 2021

Thank you for sharing the clear information @Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_ 

could you please let us know whether the ' issue history plug in' is an trail version or Paid version

if it is an free trail version could you please let us know how many days it will be for free version

Regards

Eshwar

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 8, 2021

Hi @kotha Eswar rao 

This is a paid plugin, but there is a free trial version for one month. So you can test if it will be helpful for you. You will see the date till which it's free after the installation.

Regards

kotha Eswar rao December 2, 2021

Hello @Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_ 

Thanks for the information, After completion of free trial version what will be the Cost for this Plugin - Issue History

And Also could you please also share the Cost for the Plugin - Script Runner

Regards

Eshwar

Marketplace Partner
December 2, 2021

Hello @kotha Eswar rao 

You can look for the price and calculate it for your team here: 
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220385/issue-history?hosting=cloud&tab=pricing

Regards

Yuliia

Thanks @Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_ 

One more question i have, After completion of free trail version, so whether the Plugin will be automatically moved for Paid Version Or whether we need to buy for the subscription after completion of free trial?

Looking forward hearing from you

after completion of free trial whether the  "Issue history " plugin will be automatically disabled or whether the plug in will be automatically renewed for paid version??

As of now i have installed Issue history for a free trail version , so once the free trail version completed, so the plug in will not be automatically renewed for paid version?

please let me know

Marketplace Partner
December 2, 2021

@kotha Eswar rao 

Thank you for trying Issue History

After the trial period is completed it will be renewed for paid version as the plugin is installed. So, you can continue using it if you find it helpful.

Did it help to solve your case? Is there something you'd like to add?

I'd be grateful if you let me know.

I have found the options how to stop the free trial and many thanks for your assistance.

could you please let us know how to filter the external comments specifically for the "Reporter" which were not updated more than 3 days /48 hours

My requirement Is I need to filter the tickets which  support resources /Agents which  were not updated the public/External comments towards customer for past 3 days.

Could you please provide the details steps how to achieve this

Looking forward hearing from you!!

Regards

Eshwar

Like Miriam Hopton likes this
Marketplace Partner
December 3, 2021
kotha Eswar rao December 3, 2021

Thank you for sharing the details could you please also let me know for the below details

could you please let us know how to filter the external comments specifically for the "Reporter" which were not updated more than 3 days /48 hours

My requirement Is I need to filter the tickets which  support resources /Agents which  were not updated the public/External comments towards customer for past 3 days.

Could you please provide the details steps how to achieve this

Looking forward hearing from you!!

Marketplace Partner
December 3, 2021

Hello @kotha Eswar rao 

Yes, you can see external comments for the past 3 days. Please write to our support team to get a step-by-step guide.

Let me know if you need any more help.

kotha Eswar rao December 3, 2021

Thanks @Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_ 

Could you please share the Support team contact details so that i will share my concern ( Step by step guide how to explore issue filter plugin for no public comments updated by agent for past 3 days)

Or whether i need to ask a question via Atlassian community ??

Regards

Eshwar

Marketplace Partner
December 5, 2021

Hello @kotha Eswar rao 

To contact support, please enter the plugin and press the red arrow. You can leave your message there.

2021-12-06_0-59-29.png

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2021

There isn’t a JQ out query for that. If this is something that is a constant in your environment, that is your agents need to respond to every ticket every 48 hours then I would consider an SLA. Would that be an option?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2021

Another idea would be to create a date field that is updated via automation every time a public comment is made. Then you could use JQL to access that field.

kotha Eswar rao November 5, 2021

I need the JQL query (For example, if support resources/Agent not updated the external comments towards customer <=-2 days)

As of now i am using the below mentioned query , but the concern is it is showing the tickets with the combination of Internal/External comments, I need the JQL query specifically , if the support resources are not updated the external comments towards the customer for <=-2 days

updatedDate<= "-2d" AND type=Incident AND ( status ="1st line support" OR status=Assigned or status=Assign or status ="Root Cause Analysis")

Please suggest an JQL query for the above issue

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 5, 2021

Sorry I should've been clear in my initial response. You cannot achieve this with JQL without considering the creation of a custom field and using automation to update that field. As I had mentioned previously.

Interestingly enough I too am in need of the ability to query for public versus internal comments at this very moment. Unfortunately that is not possible. Consider voting and watching this open suggestion - JSDCLOUD-4286 -Provide a JQL function which is able to differentiate between public and internal comments. 

kotha Eswar rao November 7, 2021

Another idea would be to create a date field that is updated via automation every time a public comment is made. Then you could use JQL to access that field.

Thanks Jack for your swift response and suggestions, we request you to please assist for the above  mentioned steps and provide the instructions how to create a date field via automation every time when a public comment is captured and could you please also share the sample JQL query to access the date field.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2021

@kotha Eswar rao , sorry for missing your reply. Let me offer a bit of guidance. You will need to do some research and give it a try to work out the specifics.

1. create a custom date field and name it as desired, e.g. “last customer comment”. You can add custom fields under admin > issues : custom fields.
  2. create an automation rule that triggers when a comment is made to an issue and add a condition that the comment is made by a “customer”. The action is to update your new date field with the current date. Please see these doc references:  jira-automation-triggers , jira-smart-values-date-and-time 
  3. use a JQL like this… “last customer comment” <= startofday(-2)

Thank you @Jack Brickey 

Could you please elaborate on the below second point and share the screen print of sample automation rule for this logic and please also share the screen print of the condition in automation rule , so it will be really helpful

2. create an automation rule that triggers when a comment is made to an issue and add a condition that the comment is made by a “customer”. The action is to update your new date field with the current date. Please see these doc references:  jira-automation-triggers , jira-smart-values-date-and-time 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2021

@kotha Eswar rao , I am not where I can spend time on testing this. However, I think you will find that building an automation rule isn’t too challenging especially if you reference the docs which are quite good. Also you can search in the community for “automation customer comments” or similar. For example here is one I found that is a good starting point.

Jira-Automation-Extract-last-comment-customer  

obviously your action will be different.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events