Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Native JSM Customer Chat Channel for Microsoft Teams (or a solution that doesn't require Slack)

Leigh Elliott September 1, 2022

In the Jira Service Management Customer Channels the Chat option only supports the option to configure Customer Chat using Slack.  Whilst Slack is an awesome platform, we don't use it for our corporate chat and collaboration, instead we use Microsoft Teams.

We have no plans to implement Slack.

Does anyone know where I can find information about Atlassians roadmap regarding native Chat support for either Microsoft Teams, or alternatively a Customer Chat feature that doesn't require the integration of 3rd party platforms?

2 answers

1 vote
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2022

Hey @Leigh Elliott ,

The roadmap you mention seems to be more related on Agents and Developers working together on resolving issues thru Teams.

You might be looking more for the Conversational Ticket Management product (which also includes a Virtual Agent) 

https://www.atlassian.com/software/halp

Leigh Elliott September 2, 2022

Thanks Dirk.  Completely forgot about Halp.  Took another look at it and yes from the Youtube demo its looks pretty close to what I'm thinking.

Not sure how well Halp integrates with Jira Service Management Customer portal though, I guess I could add an external link for it?
It also looks like you need to setup and configure Halp almost like a separate helpdesk solution that sits along side Jira. :-/

Leigh Elliott September 2, 2022

Would love the MS Teams chat features of Halp in JSM without needing to buy and setup Halp :-)

0 votes

Looks like I've answered my own question :-) 
https://www.atlassian.com/roadmap/cloud??category=itsm&selectedProduct=jiraService&p=e1e1a89f-a0

So keen to have this!!!!

Although its not clear whether this will actually include native support for Customer Chat using Microsoft Teams, I'm hoping it does...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events