Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My service desk KB articles start expanded but when published in confluence they were collapsed

Matt Lane November 19, 2020

When creating user facing articles that have a lot of information and images, we use the "Expand" macro. 

This is a great macro as it condenses the articles down extremely well so the customer is not faced with a wall of text or images to confuse.

However, when the customer views these articles in the service desk Portal, they are automatically expanded by default.

Is there either a workaround I can apply in Confluence to force the issue, or if it is possible to show my Service Desk Portal knowledge articles as collapsed by default? (i realise this may have other knock on effects, hence me asking if it is something I can do to our articles directly).
Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2020

Hello Matt,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The customer portal has some limitations when it comes to Confluence macros, some are expected that it won't work, but the Expand macro should, and it was reported as a bug:

Please, click on "This affects my team" and also watch to receive updates.

For now, the only workaround would be to allow them to access Confluence. You can find the details in the article below:

Regards,
Angélica

Matt Lane November 19, 2020

Thanks Angélica! Much appreciate the response. We will keep an eye on the progress of that backlog item.

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events