cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiples Tickets for the same Email request

Liliana Carranza Mechan February 8, 2021

Hi,

I am new in Jira Service Management,

We have several tickets in my queue for the same request, when one person send email and the another write above the same email Jira open other ticket ans so on..

Pls. help me because my queue is full with the multiples repeat tickets.

Thanks!!

2 answers

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2021

Hi @Liliana Carranza Mechan ,

Besides having to do the cleanup work, yo might need to dive in to the root cause here too.

Are these emails all different ones with a similar subject or replies without the issue number?

if they do contain the issue key in the subject then you could fix it so they just become comments. Otherwise, Jira will simply see this as a new issue.

As for the cleanup you could give the new SMARTS function a try. If you select one issue in the queue you should see a find similar requests button pop up.

image.png

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2021

You can link the issues that have same summary and close them with resolution duplicate.

To do this automatically you can follow automation, but there might be issues. So it's best to go with manually choosing which tickets are duplicates and close them with resolution you specify.

Thanks,

Pramodh

Liliana Carranza Mechan February 8, 2021

Thanks!! Pramodh,

But it is very hard to choose manually because some time there are three or four duplicate..

Normally I receive 50 tickets, today I get until 500 in my queue..

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2021

It's a smart work in JQL, Search for the issues with the same summary or you may have some sort of same fields that have duplicate issues and have them analyzed before you do a bulk operation.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events