• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Multiples Tickets for the same Email request

Hi,

I am new in Jira Service Management,

We have several tickets in my queue for the same request, when one person send email and the another write above the same email Jira open other ticket ans so on..

Pls. help me because my queue is full with the multiples repeat tickets.

Thanks!!

3 answers

0 votes
Pramodh Community Leader Feb 08, 2021

You can link the issues that have same summary and close them with resolution duplicate.

To do this automatically you can follow automation, but there might be issues. So it's best to go with manually choosing which tickets are duplicates and close them with resolution you specify.

Thanks,

Pramodh

Thanks!! Pramodh,

But it is very hard to choose manually because some time there are three or four duplicate..

Normally I receive 50 tickets, today I get until 500 in my queue..

Pramodh Community Leader Feb 08, 2021

It's a smart work in JQL, Search for the issues with the same summary or you may have some sort of same fields that have duplicate issues and have them analyzed before you do a bulk operation.

0 votes

As a ticket is attached to an email address , we wouldn't have the option to recognize which client has really presented the ticket .I'll go with Philippe's plan to utilize a nonexclusive name for the contact to maintain a strategic distance from any problems.

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans Community Leader Feb 08, 2021

Hi @Liliana Carranza Mechan ,

Besides having to do the cleanup work, yo might need to dive in to the root cause here too.

Are these emails all different ones with a similar subject or replies without the issue number?

if they do contain the issue key in the subject then you could fix it so they just become comments. Otherwise, Jira will simply see this as a new issue.

As for the cleanup you could give the new SMARTS function a try. If you select one issue in the queue you should see a find similar requests button pop up.

image.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

196 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you