Multiple Transitions

Nikhil Sapra July 28, 2014

Can there be multiple transitions at the time of creating a work item in jira

2 answers

0 votes
Amy Biasella
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2014

We use JIRA Workflow Toolbox, specifically the "Set a field as a function of other fields" postfunction, to do something similar to what I think you're describing.

You specify the source field (say Region, where values the customer selects are North, South, East, West), and the target field (Assignee), and then you set how the values from the first should write to the second.

(East)=bsmith
(North)=sjones

etc.

As Nic said, you can't assign groups to the assignee field, but if you had a group user custom field, you could use this to set that field too.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2014

What do you mean by multiple transitions? You create an issue. That's it, you can't do anything else, there's nothing to transition until you've got an issue to work with.

Nikhil Sapra July 28, 2014

I'm trying to basically assign the issue to different groups depending on a field value entered in the create screen. I want to implement this at the time of creating a work item.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2014

That has nothing to do with what you asked.

I don't know what you actually want here - to do something with transitions or to do something with group assignee (which you cannot do because assignee must be a single user)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events