Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Jira tasks for one user's request

Maria Z-T January 23, 2020

Greetings Jira Ninjas :)

I want to use Jira SD tool as first interaction between client and all services which could be provided to him.

Example use-case:

Client have just bought used car and he wants to order next services:

• Engine check-up
  • Cleaning
  • Paper work support.

All of that requires same input information about car, so the client-side could be like this:

Example.png

In current set-up after user pushes "Create" button in back-office for support team appears only one task, which I have to clone (in this case two times) to separate tasks and assign them to three correspondent teams.

This is manageable, but creates a lot of additional work. I would like to avoid it.

Kindly suggest how can I change settings so for every check-box ticked separate task would be created.

If you need more details for this use-case, just let me know in the comments.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2020

Hi @Maria Z-T 

I am sure there are multiple ways of doing this, but I would do the following: 

1. For each of your Required Services I would create a next-gen project with backlog and kanban board. That way whoever is in-charge of the project(s) can manage their work load according to priority etc. 
  2. I would also set up some automation on your Jira Service Desk based on when an Issue is created by customer and whether Required Service = Engine check-up or Light change or Cleaning or Paper work support. 
    WHEN Issue Created
    IF Engine check-up THEN linked issue to Project Engine Check-up
    IF Light change THEN linked issue to Light Change
    IF Cleaning THEN linked issue to Cleaning
    IF Paper work support THEN linked issue to Paper work support. 

3. Check out Automation LITE for JIRA  It is a free app, it would definitely be able to do all of the above for you... 

-Mike

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events