Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Customer Orgs - single project possible or individual projects better

Mark Ellis January 12, 2023

We support multiple organizations in regards to our product offerings. While some fields and request types are specific only to our products, allowing them to be used on ANY REQUEST by ANY ORGANIZATION, there ARE custom fields needed according to each Organization we support. Those custom fields cannot be shown to other Organizations.

When I met with Atlassian, they suggested a single project, with the idea that they use a single project to support each of us (organizations) as unique customers.
However, I don't see any possible way to hide/show fields in a single portal (project) according to Customer Organization.

I have searched the forums and I've not found anyone describing the ability to do what I'm asking.

Is it possible to support different Customer Orgs through one project (portal), with fields being shown, dependent on the customer?

1 answer

1 vote
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2023

Hi @Mark Ellis I don't think this is possible out of the box, though you might be able to accomplish this using Forms with dynamic fields. If that won't work then I suggest searching the marketplace to see if a 3rd party app provides this functionality. 

Mark Ellis January 16, 2023

Thanks for the reply @Connor . That is certainly my assumption. However, I'm leaving this open in hopes that someone can offer a definitive answer or specific ways they've accomplished this.

Like Connor likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events