Multi Instance with Premium Licence

Jule Helder August 3, 2022

Hi there,

I am confused by the multipe instance possibilities. I need a mulit instance environment for my company:

- we have different business units, with different Data (not shared) (UK, US, DACH etc.)

- we are less than 200 users in JSM which means no Enterprise Plan but Premium Licence Plan

Ist it still possible to have multiple instances without the enterprise plan or is it just not possible? What would you suggest?

Best regards,

Jule Helder

2 comments

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2022

It's possible, but that means that for every site, your organization admin is setting up multiple sites with multiple billing.  

Enterprise allows you to streamline the licensing so there's one bill instead of a bill for each site.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2022

Hi @Jule Helder ,

you mention no shared data so they will never need to work together then?

Instead of multiple instances you could just create multiple projects (one for each unit) and set up the permissions to split it all. 

Depending on all requirements you could even stick with a single project and set up issue levels security so they can’t see each other’s data. 

another more elaborate solution would be multiple instances with smaller license tiers but that seems a management nightmare 

I personally would go for option 1

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events