Moving Ticket created in an clients Jira subscription to Yours.

Ardo Panian May 18, 2022

We would like to setup a workflow where a ticket that is created in a client JSM is escalated/reassigned to my JSM subscription.

Would it be by adding our help desk e-mail address in their subscription so that they would assign it to "helpdesk@companyname.com" and it triggers an e-mail into our project and creates a new ticket?

Is there a better way to do this using automation?

2 answers

2 votes
Mathieu Lepoutre _Exalate_ May 18, 2022

Hi @Ardo Panian

Hope you are doing well.

Automatically creating new tickets on your JSM, which were originally created on your client's JSM is the bread and butter of our software called Exalate. The ticket will out-of-the-box be fully bi-directionally syncronized, which means, if a field gets updated on either side, it will automatically update on the other side.

Exalate is easy and straightforward to set-up and you can control exactly which data you want to send and/or receive. 

If you would like to see a customized demo of the product, please book a slot with us. 

Cheers

Mathieu Lepoutre

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2022

Hi @Ardo Panian  What to you mean exactly by a "client JSM" and "JSM subscription"?

Customers have different channels to submit a "ticket" to their help desk (Jira Service Management service project).

Either via the portal (Help Center) or via e-mail. You can set up an e-mail address (f.e. helpdesk@companyname.com) which will create a ticket automatically in your JSM project.

Ardo Panian May 18, 2022

Our client is also an Atlassian customer so they have their own instance/subscription/tenancy this is independent from ours.

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2022

Thanks for the clarification. So you're talking about an integration between 2 separate JSM sites/instances.

There are several possibilities, I would recommend contacting an Atlassian Solution Partner in your neighbourhood to help you set this up.

Depending on the hosting options, third-party apps like Exalate or Backbone issue sync can deliver such a solution.

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2022

To be clear on a technical bit of this - there is no "move" between separate sites, even when they're owned by the same organisation.  A "move" would actually be a "copy, then delete".

Synchronisation, rather than "move" is the best option here, as @Dave Mathijs  says.

Ardo Panian May 18, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- by "Move" I meant reassign from one separate subscription to another.

@Dave Mathijs I don't want to go via the Atlassian Solution Partner route because their out of budget.  I will look into Exalate and Backbone to see if they would suffice.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2022

I know that, that's why I was explaining that there's no such thing as "move" between sites.  The separate subscriptions ARE separate sites.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events