Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Issue from BACKLOG to BOARD from ASSETS DUE DATE

Ana Murphy December 1, 2022

Hi everyone or anyone.

I am self teaching myself Jira and trying to find if the following automation can be achieved.

Using Jira I am trying to create an automation on my Kanban board to move a issue from Backlog to the Board (WAIT FOR ASSETS) based on the Assets due date. 

I am not sure where to start, would this be under Scheduled? Like I mentioned I am very new and relay on these forums and YouTube.

Thanks Ana

1 answer

1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

Hi @Ana Murphy 

First of all you have to create a field of asset type and associate it with the specific parameter of the asset object.

Then you create your rule, and as you guessed correctly, you choose a Schedule trigger. That would be my cup of poison at least. To run it once each day (start or end).

Then you place a condition component to run against the asset field and compare it to your liking (e.g. {{now}})

Then you transition the issue to your Backlog. You have to make sure that all statuses have a transition to Backlog, or at least Backlog has a global transition activated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events