Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify the jira service desk template

Denis De Oliveira October 30, 2020

I may chose the wrong Jira Service Desk template?  How can I choose a different one?

2 answers

0 votes
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2020

As mentioned above, that would be the solution but to be honest the template really only helps you in the beginning but it does not restrict what you can do in a project. 

For example, one template may start you off with a specific set of issue types and request types and another template will start you off with a different set. No matter the template, you can remove everything it added and add whatever you want to it.

If you have a ton of issues in a project already, I wouldnt recommend making a new project just to change the template. 

0 votes
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2020

Hi @Denis De Oliveira 

Please refer to the following documentation for more details into this: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/convert-a-project-to-a-different-template-or-type/

Basically you need to create a new project and bulk move issues into the new project.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events