cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration and permission

Joelle Jabbour
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2021

Hi, I would like to get your insight on the below:

1- I was wondering if I set for 5 separate IT teams in my company, 5 support projects, and I do not want the team members to see on their dashboard the projects belonging to the other 4 teams. I would like to know if they can be tagged in the comments of the other projects in case an input from them is needed and if they can see a specific issue if the link is shared with them. So far i tried a test scenario, I either have to show them the whole project of the other team for them to be able to see an issue (a ticket) , and if they don t see the project, the ticket doesn t load for them. 

2- We are migrating from data center JSD to cloud JSM.

a- The CSV export import did not migrate the attachments of the tickets in JSD, and after checking all the other options, it is the best way to proceed but I need to know if I can transfer the attachments as well and how.

b- the backup manager option does not work for me as far as I know because it includes the jira core as well. Is there any way to only migrate the Jira Service Desk without the software boards using any other technique other than the one in point 1? 

Many Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user June 9, 2021

Hi Joelle,

1 - managing permissions can be frustrating. As far as I know, you can't allow access to a specific ticket. I've tried searching the documentation but haven't found a good answer.

2 - as for the migration, you could try Help Desk Migration (disclaimer, I work for Help Desk Migration). That way you can transfer attachments and migrate just the Jira Service Desk instance.

If you'd like, you can check out what the tool has to offer.

Hope this helps.

Joelle Jabbour
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2021

Hi Anastasia,

Thank you for your reply.

1- basically i think the best way to split permissions between users is to use the security level. this way some tickets if they are not meant to be seen by some agents, can be hidden.

2- The migration of service desk projects will be availble end of july (as per the migration support team in Jira) so we will wait until this option is out as it seems to suit our business model the best as it is the only solution to allow the migration of one project only which is the Jira servuce desk.

Thank you again for the reply! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events