Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from Cloud to DC - Custom Field Error

James Beagrie April 2, 2021

Hi all,

I'm currently migrating a Cloud instance to Jira DC and then using Project Configurator to move projects to a Dev instance. (Cloud > Temp DC > Dev)

I've backed up Cloud and restored to a temp Jira DC instance.

I'm running into an error relating to a Jira Service Management Lingo Integration plugin. On Jira Cloud, the plugin exists but it's not imported to my temp instance.

This is the plugin on Cloud:

Lingo.JPG

When I use Project Configurator to export a project from the temp DC, it shows:

Found custom field with values for issues in exported project(s), with id: 11100, name: Request language and type: com.atlassian.servicedesk.servicedesk-lingo-integration-plugin:sd-request-language. This field does not exist. Check if its type is defined in a plugin that has been disabled.

I can't find the plugin to install on DC and while I can remove the field from the DB it's not going to clear the error. I also can't see the field on DC and searching for data in the field shows it doesn't exist.

I can export without contexts on custom fields but I need these to make the final migration easier.

I was hoping to just download the plugin and upload it directly to the temp DC but I can't find it.

The temp instance is running JSD 4.8.1 and Jira 8.8.1 to match the Dev instance.

Any ideas what I can do here?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
James Beagrie April 3, 2021

Managed to resolve this in the end.

On the temp instance I had, stopped Jira service and connected to the database. Deleted the trace of customfeld 11100, saved and started Jira. Can now export normally as the field is deleted.

Bipin Nepal July 26, 2022

@James Beagrie  can you please share the query you used ?

James Beagrie July 26, 2022

@Bipin Nepal 

The temp instance I had was a H2 database.

On the CUSTOMFIELD table, find the custom field ID, check and delete it if using a UI.

Or DELETE  * from CUSTOMFIELD where id = 'xxxxx'

I remember running into this as well which might help: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-6539

Bipin Nepal July 26, 2022

thank you it worked! you just saved my many hours

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events