Migrate Jira Service Management customer accounts

Jeffrey Bistrong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2022

Reading this article: https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/migrate-jira-service-management-customers/

One outstanding question I have is about the password being migrated.

When we tested this migration by migrating into a sandbox environment I was not able to log into the portal with my customer only account. 

I am wondering if this is because I am in the sandbox environment or I would experience the same issue when we migrate to production. Monosnap Login - Jira Service Management 2022-09-20 10-53-08.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ward DIJKHUIS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2022

Hi Jeffrey, customer account passwords are not included in the migration.
When we migrated from Server to Cloud I instructed all our (non-SSO) customer accounts to perform a password reset from the Cloud portal.

Also refer to the following article: https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/get-your-users-started-in-cloud-after-migrating/

Daphne Zhang
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2022

Hi Jeffrey and Ward,

Daphne from Atlassian here 👋🏼

I'm a content designer on our Migration team and we’re currently doing research on how customers are using our Migration documentation.

We’re interested in speaking with customers who are migrating (or have recently migrated) less than 1000 users and who are not using (or did not use) the services of a Solution Partner.

What’s involved in the research:

• We’ll schedule a 1-hour session at a time that’s convenient for you. The session will be conducted over video-conference, so you can participate from anywhere.
  • During the research, we'll start with a general chat to get to know you, and then we’d like to hear about where you are in your migration journey, and what documentation you’ve been referring to.

• As a token of our appreciation, you'll receive an e-gift card worth $100 within 5 days of completing your session.

If you're interested in participating, please contact me at dzhang3@atlassian.com to schedule a time that works for you. If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this message or email me directly. Thank you!

Bojana October 24, 2022

Hi @Ward Dijkhuis 

Thanks a lot for sharing! Was it possible for your customers (portal only accounts) to reset pwd by themselves on the portal? 

What we have observed is that there is no option saying "Forgot your password?", meaning no way for them to reset pwd. It looks the same as on the screenshot Jeffrey has attached above, only option is "Need an account? Sign up".

@Jeffrey Bistrong please share if you have solved this and what was the issue, many thanks in advance. Have seen the same behaviour on both sandbox and main instance and wondering if it could be related to global customer access permissions, need to check that. Have found this bug report too https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-5703, so it could be that it is related to Outgoing Mail being disabled, need to check that too.

Thanks both! 

Bojana October 25, 2022

Hi again,

Just to update that resetting the password on the portal works fine when Outgoing Mail is enabled - link "Forgot your password?" is available as soon as Outgoing Mail is enabled on the system level.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events