cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message field not working in Jira Service Management

Vishal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2022

Hi Guys,

I would like to make use of message field in order to create different section in Jira Service Management, it works very well in software kind of projects, however, the same field is not helpful when it comes to service management project.

I am using below message field in software project to differentiate between section of create screen of issues.

Message Field.JPG

Is something like this is possible in Jira Service Management kind of project just to separate sections of screen to be more user friendly & to show them that which inputs belong to which departments ?

Thanks 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vishal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2022

If anyone is looking for similar thing, I have a workaround for same, you can use JSM advance formatting to create a message & add it in the Field help of the previous field after which you need to create a section.

Example : I have added below advance formatting notation in the field help section of field Last Name

{panel:borderStyle=solid|borderColor=#ccc|titleBGColor=#F7D6C1|bgColor=#FFFFCE}
h3. {color:blue} *MARKETING SECTION*
{color} {panel}

This will look like a section on request form as below :

Section.JPG

0 votes
Denis Burdukovskiy February 3, 2022

Hi!

Could you clarify what "Message field" do you mean?

In case of this app: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219615/message-field is working in JSM Portal request (required option must be set in custom field settings)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2022

I assumed it was the built-in message fields (from the Jira Toolkit)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2022

It works ok for me in the issue view, but message fields are not intended for requests.  Are you looking at the requests?

Vishal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2022

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Yes, I am trying to use message fields in JSM request create screen. It works in issue view for me too but I want to use it in request create screen.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 2, 2022

I'm afraid they do not yet work on those screens.

Vishal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2022

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Thanks for info, do you think any work around which may help just to have some spacing between long list of fields on request forms ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2022

No, I don't have any tricks for that.

My instinct is always to keep request forms simple enough not to have to think about having sections.  If a form seems to needs sections, it's probably not going to be friendly enough for the customer to actually spend the time thinking about it enough.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events