Mark ticket as Resolved if no reply and add satisfaction survey

Support Agent October 15, 2020

Hi, 

I have set up an automation in a way that if I mark ticket as resolved, it will send an auto reply to a user with a satisfaction survey (5 star question) at the bottom. - That works perfectly, however only if I mark ticket as resolved manually. 

However, I also want to set it up in a way that when I sent a comment to a ticket and I have no reply within 24 hours, the ticket gets automatically mark as resolved. 

Now, I also managed to do that under 'Automation', however, that ticket disappeared and it did not get moved to my 'Resolved' section. It did not connect with my previous set up under 'Customer notifications' that when ticket is resolved it will send a message along with a satisfaction survey. It does not connect to that. - please see screenshot. 

Please could anyone assist on how do I set it up in a way that when my comment to a ticket has no reply within 24 hours it will get marked as Resolved and send that message along with satisfaction survey that I set up under my 'Customer notifications'? 

Kind Regards,

IvanaCustomer notifications.JPGRequest resolved.JPGAutomation.JPG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2020

Hello @Support Agent ,

Go to the Automations rule details page and make sure that the check box option for "Check to allow other rule actions to trigger this rule. Only enable this if you need this rule to execute in response to another rule." is selected as shown in the following example:

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 3.36.33 PM.png

This option needs to be selected for the second rule to trigger the first rule as a follow-up action.

Regards,
Earl

Support Agent October 22, 2020

Hi Earl! Thank you for your help, however, I am unable to find that Automation rule details page. Please could you navigate me? 

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2020

Hello @Support Agent ,

The project automation page will be under "Project Settings >> Automation" and then select the desired Rule, and the option will be listed under the "Rule Details" section:

Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 12.15.54 PM.png

If the project setting or the rule is not visible to edit you may not have the required permissions level,  You need to be either a Global admin, noting Global administrators can always manage rules,  OR a project Administrator, Noting that a global admin can enable and disable the option for a project admin to be able to make changes to to the rules.

If you are a project admin you will need a global admin to Go to "System > Automation rules" and there will be an option for "global configuration for Automation"  they will need to check the option "Allow Project administrators to manage project rules" and add your group in as an available option.

Regards,
Earl

Support Agent November 3, 2020

Thank you so much!

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders