Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandatory Field

Richard Hosier January 5, 2022

Hello!

I am using JIRA to manage our organisations technical support tickets.

I want to be able to pull off a monthly report of tickets received and from specific clients.

As the tickets will be coming in from multiple companies and users within each company, the only way I can think to do this is by adding the client name in the "Label" field.

If anyone has any ideas on another way, that would be great to know.

If this is the only way, I want to make the "Label" field mandatory so the agent cannot close the ticket without adding a label. How can I do that?

Thank you in advance.

Richard

2 answers

1 vote
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2022

As they are customers of different companies, you can start to work with "Organizations" and register each customer in their appropriate organization. Every organization would be a "Company". Example:

Organization: All Star
Customers: Jhon, Lisa, Mary

Whenever one of them creates a ticket and selects the organization, all customers in the organization will be able to participate, and you can extract a report using the "Organization" field.

1 vote
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2022

Hi @Richard Hosier

Welcome to the community!

Here is a similar thread: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Have-a-Required-field-for-ex-Label-on-Issues-Optional-on-Sub/qaq-p/675339

Another option is to look at this video tutorial: https://youtu.be/C3Lb1T4liGw

Regards

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events