Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Mandatory Field

Hello!

I am using JIRA to manage our organisations technical support tickets.

I want to be able to pull off a monthly report of tickets received and from specific clients.

As the tickets will be coming in from multiple companies and users within each company, the only way I can think to do this is by adding the client name in the "Label" field.

If anyone has any ideas on another way, that would be great to know.

If this is the only way, I want to make the "Label" field mandatory so the agent cannot close the ticket without adding a label. How can I do that?

Thank you in advance.

Richard

2 answers

As they are customers of different companies, you can start to work with "Organizations" and register each customer in their appropriate organization. Every organization would be a "Company". Example:

Organization: All Star
Customers: Jhon, Lisa, Mary

Whenever one of them creates a ticket and selects the organization, all customers in the organization will be able to participate, and you can extract a report using the "Organization" field.

1 vote
Fabian Lim Community Leader Jan 05, 2022

Hi @Richard Hosier

Welcome to the community!

Here is a similar thread: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Have-a-Required-field-for-ex-Label-on-Issues-Optional-on-Sub/qaq-p/675339

Another option is to look at this video tutorial: https://youtu.be/C3Lb1T4liGw

Regards

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM Jira Automation: How to Send SLA Breached Notifications

Hi Everyone, In   this tutorial,  we will show you how you can monitor an SLA, and send notifications before or after the SLA has been breached.   SLA Threshold Trigger The SLA t...

779 views 5 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you