Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing access to your service desk - Agent can only edit specific Organization

Snir Ben Yosef December 19, 2021

Hello Everyone,
I have a service desk project and inside I have 20-30 Organisations,
we are 3-4 Agents on the team.

I would like to ask if there is a way to give permission to the first agent only to a specific Organizations? the agent should Create/edit/update/view only the organization tickets related to him.

4 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2021

Hi @Snir Ben Yosef 

Well there isn't any straight forward way to block agents to edit other organization tickets in vanilla schemes

This might be possible by defining the Security Level via Issue Security Scheme.

You can create a Issue Security Scheme , define Security level and write an Automation such that for the tickets created with that particular organization gets that security level. And agent to be present in that security level. By achieving this steps you can make sure he will be able to Create/edit/update/view only the organization tickets related to him.

Link about configuring Issue Security Scheme https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-security-schemes/

Regards,

Vishwas

3 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2021

Hi @Snir Ben Yosef ,

Welcome to the community. 

I think, you might achieve this using issue security. 

You have to define one level per Organisation. Then you have to set the security level according to the organization. 

I think, this should be possible with automation

This might help you. 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-security-schemes/

1 vote
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2021

Hi @Snir Ben Yosef 

I figured out the issue, did you add yourself into the security level. Ideally you should be part of all security levels in Issue Security Scheme so that you can configure automation then only the dropdown in automation shows the options.

Regards,

0 votes
Snir Ben Yosef December 21, 2021

@Bastian Stehmann @Vishwas 
thanks you both.

but i'm not sure how to do it,
i created in automation -> 
1. Issue Created ->Condition:issue field, organization="myorganizaition"  ->Action: Edit Issue, Securtiy Level. 

The security level is empty.
i did create security scheme and security level in the project. but i dont see it on the Rule.
do you know where is the issue ?
Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 17.33.18.png

Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 21, 2021

Hi @Snir Ben Yosef 

You are doing the automation in a right way. Can you confirm by going to project if you have associated the Issue security scheme to the project ?

what options are showed when you click on dropdown ?

AFJSS.png

Regards,

Vishwas

Snir Ben Yosef December 21, 2021

@Vishwas Yes i have associated the Issue security scheme to the project.

there are no options to select, its None.
what am i doing wrong ?

Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 21, 2021

Hi @Snir Ben Yosef 

Let me try this once my side and get back soon.

Regards,

Vishwas

Snir Ben Yosef December 22, 2021

@Vishwas Thank you! I appreciate the help.

Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2021

Hi @Snir Ben Yosef 

I have posted the answer were you able to check that ? If it works please go ahead and mark the answers accepted.

Regards,

Vishwas

Like Snir Ben Yosef likes this
Snir Ben Yosef January 24, 2022

@Vishwas  Thank you but i need your last help:
how can i make 1 user see only tickets from a specific organization?
i cant make him see only tickets from one organization I can only give him permissions to view all tickets.

Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2022

@Snir Ben Yosef 

You can do that too. 

Create a security level explicit for the organization and add the user to the that level in Issue Security scheme. Also add yourself into the level too.

After that in automation you make to set this level against the Organization. 

By doing this you are ensuring that only that user and yourself can see those tickets for that particular Org.

Let me know in case of any questions.

Regards,

Vishwas

@Vishwas 
Yes, i did all of that.
my issue is the user cant view the project on Jira, so he can't see the tickets for some reason.
is there anything I need to do to give the user access to the project but not to all of the tickets just the security level ones?

just the recap:
I Created a security level for the organization and add the user to the that level in Issue Security scheme. Also add yourself into the level too.

also build automation and its work, its changes the ticket secuiry level.

Like Vishwas likes this
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2022

@Snir Ben Yosef 

try troubleshooting the issue by going to Settings  "System" --> "Permission Helper".

Provide Username, Issue(that ticket which belongs to specific Org) and in Permissions Select "Browser Projects". See the results what it says, user might be missing some permission. Send me the result screenshot. Based on that i can guide you

@Vishwas 
Thank you for the quick help! this is very helpful!
this is the screenshot:
I just want to add that its going to be a user for intergration purpuse, and i need this user to view/edit/delete etc. just 1 organization.
Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 9.53.57.png

Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2022

He has the permissions he should be able to see the ticket !!

It's better we can check this on a call and see what is restricting him.

Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2022

I figured out the issue, looks like the user "support" is not having the project role.

Browse project permission is not there, which is why he is not able to see the project itself. So go to People Section in the project and add him to suitable role, after that everything should be fixed..

Also check "See failed conditions" to understand better on exact issue

Issue_Security_Level.png

Snir Ben Yosef January 25, 2022

@Vishwas 
Thank you, I have sent an invite.

@Vishwas 

but if i do it it will give him access to all of the tickets in the project.

@Vishwas 
Thank you Very much! Accepted the answer.

Like Vishwas likes this
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2022

@Snir Ben Yosef 

Please try the suggestions and let me know in case of any questions, happy to help !!

Meanwhile please feel free to upvote, Accept the answers in case if it has helped your requirement !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events