Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Managing access to your service desk - Agent can only edit specific Organization

Hello Everyone,
I have a service desk project and inside I have 20-30 Organisations,
we are 3-4 Agents on the team.

I would like to ask if there is a way to give permission to the first agent only to a specific Organizations? the agent should Create/edit/update/view only the organization tickets related to him.

4 answers

Hi @Snir Ben Yosef 

Well there isn't any straight forward way to block agents to edit other organization tickets in vanilla schemes

This might be possible by defining the Security Level via Issue Security Scheme.

You can create a Issue Security Scheme , define Security level and write an Automation such that for the tickets created with that particular organization gets that security level. And agent to be present in that security level. By achieving this steps you can make sure he will be able to Create/edit/update/view only the organization tickets related to him.

Link about configuring Issue Security Scheme https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-security-schemes/

Regards,

Vishwas

3 votes

Hi @Snir Ben Yosef ,

Welcome to the community. 

I think, you might achieve this using issue security. 

You have to define one level per Organisation. Then you have to set the security level according to the organization. 

I think, this should be possible with automation

This might help you. 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-security-schemes/

Hi @Snir Ben Yosef 

I figured out the issue, did you add yourself into the security level. Ideally you should be part of all security levels in Issue Security Scheme so that you can configure automation then only the dropdown in automation shows the options.

Regards,

@Bastian Stehmann @Vishwas N M 
thanks you both.

but i'm not sure how to do it,
i created in automation -> 
1. Issue Created ->Condition:issue field, organization="myorganizaition"  ->Action: Edit Issue, Securtiy Level. 

The security level is empty.
i did create security scheme and security level in the project. but i dont see it on the Rule.
do you know where is the issue ?
Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 17.33.18.png

Hi @Snir Ben Yosef 

You are doing the automation in a right way. Can you confirm by going to project if you have associated the Issue security scheme to the project ?

what options are showed when you click on dropdown ?

AFJSS.png

Regards,

Vishwas

@Vishwas N M Yes i have associated the Issue security scheme to the project.

there are no options to select, its None.
what am i doing wrong ?

Hi @Snir Ben Yosef 

Let me try this once my side and get back soon.

Regards,

Vishwas

@Vishwas N M Thank you! I appreciate the help.

Hi @Snir Ben Yosef 

I have posted the answer were you able to check that ? If it works please go ahead and mark the answers accepted.

Regards,

Vishwas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM Jira Automation: How to Send SLA Breached Notifications

Hi Everyone, In   this tutorial,  we will show you how you can monitor an SLA, and send notifications before or after the SLA has been breached.   SLA Threshold Trigger The SLA t...

779 views 5 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you