Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage access of system

Nguyen Ngo Hoang Long December 2, 2022

Hi everyone,

I am doing a service portal which can manage tasks about provisioning and deprovisioning.

For provisioning, it's quite easy.
- An user will have to create a ticket of which system they want to have the access.
- I already setup the automation of correct assignees to the requested system.
- Right now, i also can use filter view to see which systems an user have created requests for provisioning. (1)

However, for deprovisioning, it's a bit tough.
- But when an user leaves my company, is there any way to create deprovisioning tickets to all the requested system based on the list (1)?

NOTE: My work around is when the HR creates a termination ticket of an employee, the IT Helpdesk team has to take a look of the list (1) and create deprovisioning tickets but it really take a lot of effort.

I'm really appreciated if anyone could help me on this!

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Luis Machado
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2022

Hi @Nguyen Ngo Hoang Long 

Welcome to the Community!

My first thought is you could create a custom field that houses a value for the user being provisioned. Then when a de-provisioning ticket is created, you have your automation run a lookup with a JQL that searches for any issues that match the one used in the de-provisioning ticket. You can then feed that lookup list into a branch that can spin up a new ticket for each provisioning ticket found.

Another way you could do this is by leveraging Assets. You could have a user object with an attribute that lists software assets as they are provisioned. You can automate adding assets to the user as part of your request process as well as automate removing them.

Nguyen Ngo Hoang Long December 8, 2022

This is really helpful.
Thank you @Luis Machado 

Like Luis Machado likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events