Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making dashboards visible to customers

Sayalee Shende June 22, 2021

Hi there,

I am using the free version of Jira Service Management. We are a small team of 2 agents and 10 customers (our sales team). I created a dashboard which I would like our customers to have access to. All of these customers are already within my "organisation" and the dashboard permissions explicitly show that all users within the organisation have access. Unfortunately, when I share the link, the team cannot see it. It seems to redirect to the portal.

Can someone help me fix this please? Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2021

You cannot share dashboards with customers. Dashboards are only viewable by licensed users specifically paid licenses. There are add-ons that will present data in dashboard-like fashion. you might want to consider that if the cost is justified.

Alyssa Lewis June 22, 2021

The users I am referring to have a license as we work for the same organization.  There are no external user.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2021

OK so they probably have a Jira software license then? You basically need to make sure that the user(s) has browse capabilities. Then you need to share the filter or filters used on your dashboard and also share the dashboard with that individual or group.

Sayalee Shende June 23, 2021

Thank you @Jack Brickey . So, if I understand right, only agents (a paid seat) can view the dashboards. Our portal can be accessed only by users who have been invited as customers. But we don't pay for customers so they are not a licensed user? 

I did make the dashboard accessible to all users within my organisation and the customers I speak of are users in this organisation, each with their own login. They are just not agents and therefore don't have to be paid for. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2021

Your first paragraph is correct. Now if your “customers” actually happen to have a Jira Software license then they could view the dashboard if you give them Browse permissions for the JSM project. This is often the case for many users of Jira where they use JSM for their IT services and JSW for development as an example.

Like Dan Knapton likes this
Sayalee Shende June 23, 2021

Thank you @Jack Brickey 

1 vote
Javier Coira [RoninPixels]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 30, 2021

Hi @Sayalee Shende,

I'm not sure what kind of data you want to share, but if you are open to using some commercial apps (plugins), I recommend you try Dashboard Hub for Jira and Confluence (I'm one of the guys who is working on it).

One of its key features is sharing dashboards with external users using a link. These dashboards can be protected with a password.

Here you have our shared ITSM demo dashboard. It's just an example using data from Jira, Jira Service Management, and Statuspage.

If you are curious about other examples:

For teams up to 10 users, it's just cost 1$, so maybe it could be useful for your needs...

I hope this helps!

Rob December 6, 2023

Does Dashboard Hub for JIRA plugin work to allow you to share data with users that do not have paid licenses and only have view/create access?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events