cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make a field mandatory during a transition without an app/addon

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2022

So I've been working with Cloud for a while now and always tend to use the "field required" validator there.

However, switching back to a client on DC (9.4/5.4 LTS) I'm missing that validator. 

I'm away we can get it using an app (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/make-custom-fields-required-in-a-workflow-transition-in-jira-server-691011903.html#:~:text=On%20the%20Validators%20tab%2C%20click,choice%20as%20the%20required%20field.) but it seems a bit much getting any of these if we only need the "field required" validator :)

Sooo, anybody got an idea how to do this without any additional apps? If not i'll have to see which of the 3 we'll invest in. (I moving more towards Automation for all my automating needs so tend to use them less and less)

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2022

Hey @Dirk Ronsmans ,

unfortunately this simple validator is not builtin on server/data center instances. For my knowledge you can't do that without an external app. 

Fabio

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2022

That's what I was afraid of.. I had hope that with the newer versions maybe they added it :)

Got any recommendations on what app to go for? I used to be a big fan of Scriptrunner but like I said with Automation becoming more prevalent and Forms taking a big step in  replacing behaviours it's not that much front of mind anymore.

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2022

I know that. A very common feature like that should be builtin as for JIRA cloud instance.

I use https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/292/jira-misc-workflow-extensions-jmwe?tab=overview&hosting=datacenter for a lot of customers.

Ciao,

Fabio

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events