Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Majority Approval Automation

So I'm trying to create an approval automation for this JSM project and keep running into this issue.

Currently, there are only three members on my team, but during testing, I discovered that if any one member disapproves a request, the whole ticket is "retired" even if the other two members vote to approve.  This will be problematic as our team continues to grow.

I have been unable to find in the support channels any assistance on how to make sure that as long as a majority of approvals vote "yes/approve", then the issue proceeds in the process.  Is there any way to do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Jan 24, 2023

You could do that with automation. What you would have to do is update the workflow so that approve/decline is not automatically changing the status based on the decision. Then have the automation trigger on Approval completed that checks via web request to see if you have majority approval, and if so transition the request to the approved status.

Thank you for your response, though unfortunately, that has created more questions than answers.  Mostly because I am unfamiliar with this process of running a web request.  

Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Jan 24, 2023

So the web request allows you to make a REST API call, in this case that would be to go the issue which includes the approvers and their decision. You could then use that to figure out the how many have approved the request. Your other option would be to update a field every time someone approves and compare that number to the number of approvers you have in the Approvers field. I you have reached the majority approval needed then transition the issue. You can find more information about Jira automations here.

Thanks for the assistance, I'm currently reading up on this now.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events