Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail response from Jira SD - with wrong issue KEY - wiche log should i look

Nicolas PR December 10, 2019

I have an issue after the lasts updates of Jira core and SD

JIRA Service Desk 4.5.0

Jira Software 8.5.0

This is about the issue's creation from client's mail 

1  - As client, creating an issue from portal, i receive by mail the confirmation of issue creation. Link 'see the issue' has a good href pointing to good issue. clicking => redirect on show issue on portal

2 - As client, creating an issue by sending mail on repo, i receive by mail the confirmation of issue creation. Link 'see the issue' has NOT A GOOD href ! Pointing to WRONG issue. clicking => redirect on show issue on portal but no permission (that's ok).
In backoffice, searching the issue ..... i find no result, the issue was not created but the notification with wrong issue-key was sent

PS: Mail parsing for client's response looks ok but creation is not working ....

1 answer

0 votes
Bastien Lespinasse September 18, 2020

Hello Nicolas,

I am currently having the same issue. Have you been able to troubleshoot this problem?

Best regards

Nicolas PR October 5, 2020

Hi,

The main concern with this issue was the lack of debug info on it

----> i created a bot sending email to me on each issue create from mailHandler (servicedesk) with the key in subject (temporary and just for monitoring purpose)
----> Add some notifications' log plugin
After many full reindex the problem was still there. After some Jira upgrades the problem seems to be solved with Jira Software 8.5.3 and JIRA Service Desk 4.5.3

Good luck, this bug made me out of my mind for some time and we had to discourage ours customers to use email (without really deactivated it).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events